Thursday 11 February 2010

Hiding in Dark Corners

Maybe its my longing for a more perfect world in relation to the light through mine own eyes, where i can manafacture a more pleasing environment armed with the man made to capture beauty at its present... but ironically through its imperfections inherited through mans hand, its flaws and defects capture a more beautiful scene than nature had intended.
Maybe it lies in my desire to hide in the fabricated and artificial aesthetic. To create and pause for eternity the image more pleasing than that to the eye through the lense i hold in my hand. My journey begins here to capture that refined picture of what could be rather than what is, through mine own influence to create and design, to imagine and re-design. Wish me luck as i continue to learn and grow to a better understanding of changing the already perfect. The infinate beauty of life.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesley-thomas/



2 comments:

lila said...

I think these two photos are wonderful! The saturated color really came through!
I have only shot one roll of 12 with my Holga...and that was on that cloudy day.[I just have so many hobbies and pastimes that the Holga hasn't had much attention, also the film costs and the developing costs!] I think you have beautiful insights as to why you are interested in photographing our beautiful world!
My husband, who is a good photographer, just saw your photos and was very impressed! Keep up the good work!
I'm off to see the flicker posting now!

Anonymous said...

I always read then re-read your posts; often accidently finiding deeper meanings and depth to you as an individual.